Sunday, January 5, 2014

"Pick Me, Pick Me! " #5 of 30 P/30 D Challenge

6x6 Oil on panel
I love the vibrant red here.  Screams...."am I ripe enough for you?"  We had a couple of Cherry trees along the East side of our property.  There was a lot of stuff growing along there and when trees needed cut down for safety reasons, the Cherry trees went too.

I've taken several photos of fruit trees and flowers when that "Tada" moment hit me (and I remembered my camera).  It's when the light reflects off or shines through things ...sometimes something out of the corner of my eye catches my attention.  At those times, my first reaction is, where's my paint brush or my pastels?  I'm ready!!!!!!!!

I have those moments A LOT......especially when I'm in a hurry to get to a destination driving down the road.  I rarely give myself travel time to pull over (key here ....PULL OVER & STOP) to catch the light and subject with a camera.  Ah......it's a New Year.....a chance for New & Better Habits :D  (notice how I capitalize the first letter of each word?  I'm saying, this is important enough to make it a muntra or put in an affirmation.