Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Homemade & Home Grown......

12"x9"  Pastel on Wallis paper
Here's another one of my favorites.  I know....I know....this "Should" be a painting just finished....but I'm filling in works for the 30 paintings in 30 days Challenge. My focus right now is in finishing the large painting I posted yesterday.

A few years ago I practiced being a "traveling art instructor". I would go to a student's home for an art lesson instead of them coming to me.   This piece was started at a wonderful woman's home in Bonaparte, IA.  I haven't heard from her in a while but back when we did this still life, she was celebrating life in her 90's.

I've always been fond of this painting.... for the memory of sharing the time with her.  I'm blessed with several such occasions where  creating a painting or drawing is filled with emotions.....more then what a viewer might relate to.   I'm happy when my work triggers a fond memory for someone else too.

 Ahhhhhh....Art is Life...and ....Life is Art!!!  We would be nothing but machines if we didn't have Writing, Dancing, Music, and Visual Arts!  It's easy to take this for granted....at least that's my opinion.
 (Art classes are usually the first thing "cut" if something has to go because of budget issues in our public education system.)