Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Pastel Demos at SE Conference Workshops

~ Click images to enlarge ~
Both images 9.5"x7" on board
Here are the finished soft pastel demonstrations I did for high school students on Tuesday for the SE Iowa Art Conference held in Mt. Pleasant, IA.
I've actually downloaded these images backwards.....the pear was done during the morning session and the apple was the demo for the afternoon group.
After showing the students how I approach a simple still life, they picked objects to create paintings of their own.  In the 2 1/2 hour workshop time span, all students finished their works and took them home with mat, ready to frame. 
I really enjoyed the day sharing creative energy with like minded people.  Even the teachers that stopped to see how the students were doing seemed caught up in the positive vibes of the room.  I hope I'll be asked to do this again.  It was a lot of fun!