Sunday, January 20, 2013

Square #20

Here's day 20 of January already.  I can't believe how fast time seems to be going this month.  Here's #20 of the 30 Paintings/30 Days Challenge. 

http://ginlammert.fineartstudioonline.com/works/1073129/square-20-warm-palette

The exciting thing is, I've sketched designs on 4 canvases this week.  One is 24x36 in size...a commission of a beautiful B & B in Bentonsport, IA.  The others are going to be fun florals.  Starting to receive show announcements in the mail.  I can't decide if I'll attend any outdoor shows this year.  I have a little time left to consider a few local shows. 

Setting up/tearing down at these outdoor shows is a lot of work.  Plus, one never knows what the weather will be like.  I used to do 15 shows a year.  Last year only 1. 

For now, I know I'll be busy helping customers and painting on the easel I have set up inside the Iron & Lace store in Bentonsport. The store will officially open in April for the 2013 season .  I'll be there 5 to 6 days a week until the end of October.  People from around the world find the small community and I enjoy hearing about their travels.

Well......back to work I go!  Anxious to show everything I'm doing.  Pictures will be posted on my website or facebook page.  Enjoy!