Monday, October 13, 2008

Me at 53

Click on image to enlarge
Size: 20"x16"
Soft Pastel on Canson paper(dark green)

I did this pastel sketch from a digital image that was recently taken of me. 3/4's of this work was done with my left hand. I only used my right hand for touching up small details. I know I keep going on about the use of different hands, but I've never thought of being able to use the opposite of my dominate side. It's taking a long time for my hand to heal after it's injury and surgery. The tendon is taking a long time to calm down so progress is slow. I keep the use of my hand to a minimum so what damage that has been done will not remain perminent. I haven't picked up a brush yet. Working with pastels seems alot easier for me to control the movement of my hand. I still have to "think" my actions thru instead of the strokes or writing coming automatically. I'm just happy to be able to do something related to art. Reading or watching TV/Movies have occupied most of my time. It feels good to put something down on paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment