Saturday, February 7, 2015

Thinking of Spring.....


Oil on panel in wood frame 22"x 18"
I like "spilling over", so to speak, on my wood frames sometimes.  I've created several oil paintings the past few years where I incorporate the frame into the finished image.

This arrangement of Tulips caught my eye several years ago in an antique store. I'm so thankful for cameras.  I'm inspired to paint so many different things.  I loved how the light came through the window here and made wonderful contrasts in values. (There was NO WAY I could set up an easel and paint in this busy location.)

My picture taking skills are still ...."a work in progress".   I've managed to catch the glare off the wet surface at the bottom of this work.  Still, I wanted to share how this painting turned out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment