Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Art included in March Show

~click on image to enlarge~
"Sweet Ride", 24"x36" Oil on stretched canvas

I did this painting in 2011 and the image spills over on to the wood frame around the canvas. (not shown here)  My daughter Mika supplied me with the photo I used as reference for this work.  ....and yes...she has her own Harley to ride.

For the month of March, this oil painting is displayed in one of the front windows of the Courtyard Gallery & Studio in Bloomfield.  I'm the featured artist this month at the gallery and we plan to celebrate the opening of this show on Sat., March 8th by having an "Alla Prima Paint Out" starting at 10am.  Artist reception with refreshments will begin at 1pm and at the end of the day (4pm) we will draw a name from those that sign the gallery's guest book that day.  The winner will receive one of my framed original 6x6 works that is hanging in this show.

Counting the small works, there are 42 paintings on display and for purchase during March at the gallery.  I am one of many local artists that have work in this gallery year around.

Look for a "new" post everyday this week covering these paintings.  Now, back to work I go :D