Thursday, September 18, 2008

Reaching for the Sun

Click on image to enlarge
10"x8"
Soft Pastel on 100% Rag paper
Status: Available
To Purchase: go to http://www.ginlammert.com/ click ARTWORK , then RECENT WORKS
I love doing floral paintings in pastel. I just finished cleaning and re-organizing my pastel sticks and seeing all the bright colors inspires me to paint even more garden scenes. I usually reserve this subject matter for projects done in the spring and early summer. This summer I spent time creating raised beds in my garden. I have a mix of perenials and annuals planted everywhere and a vegetable garden that produces wonderful fresh food. I love getting out and feeling the dirt in my fingers. So, you will probably see alot of floral paintings on this blog. I paint them in a variety of sizes and include statues or other points of interest. I hope the fairies love visiting some of the spots I have in the yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment