Saturday, January 17, 2015

Painting with friends......

Friday afternoon I had the opportunity to share time with two fellow artists, Marybeth Heikes and Deb Baughman.  Yes,.....this is a big deal for me .....because.....we all are working artists with days almost always booked full with meetings, commission work, creating for shows, MUST "TO DO" LISTS.......you get the picture.

So, it's ALWAYS a treat for me to spend time with any of my painting friends and share our passion  for creating artful things.   (the conversations can be interesting too)   Here a few pics I took yesterday, along with the finished oil study I worked on.  Wish I'd taken more close ups of what we all were doing.....I'm making a BIG "post it" note  to remind myself to do that next time.
 Enjoy!

Here's Marybeth working on pencil outline sketches.  Since this is her studio, she planned to leave the bottles in place .....  adding watercolor to what she's working on here.

Deb  looking serious here....just an amazing watercolorist.  (She also paints with acrylics, & oils)

I love how she can take a "gray day" winter scene photo and make it brilliant with color and life.

....and here shows the view of bottles where I was standing and working with oil paints.

The finished work.....
"Bottle Study #1"  10"x 8"  Oil on canvas board