Wednesday, October 22, 2014

New studio space!


This will be a new studio space for me beginning next month.  The owners of this historic home have graciously said YES to letting me use the parlor area as a working/teaching space.  I plan to work here on Wednesdays.  Saturdays it will either be open to the public or my drawing/pastel painting workshops through the Villages Folk School will be held here.

This room is what  I used as a "gallery" area during the SE Iowa Studio Tour last weekend.  The  furniture  will be moved to the "Main room" so I may put up easels and work stations for students.

The advantage of this for both myself and the owners is, this room has doors so it can be shut off from the rest of the home if need be.  There are times when other people like to use the main room for meetings or family members can use it for an overnight stay.

More details later....................  I'll post pics of the transformation.  Keep watching :D