Monday, February 11, 2013

"Southern Light"

~ Click image to enlarge ~
18"x24"  Oil on stretched canvas
These flowers are but a few I have for students to draw and/or paint from.  As I was putting things away after a class, I was mesmerized by the light shining on these two and the sharp shadows to the left of where they were sitting.
I grabbed my camera and started shooting away....hoping it would capture the intense lighting I was witnessing in front of me.  (I didn't have time to break out brush and paints.)  I was happy when I got home and downloaded the images, printed them off and voila.....here's one composition of the scene I plan to paint several versions of.
The paint was still wet when I took this picture.  I tried my best to not get reflected light bouncing off the canvas.  Where there's a will, there's a way right? Rigbt!