Monday, June 7, 2010

"Air"

Click on image to enlarge
20"x28" soft pastel on 100% cotton paper.
This is the pastel version of a stained glass window I plan to create for an up coming show scheduled for Jan./Feb. of next year. The show will be all about traditional stained glass featuring modern designs created by using centuries old glass painting techniques. The show will open at Indian Hills Community College, Ottumwa, IA and I hope it will travel to other locations in Iowa and near by states.
I'll have this painting at the "Art on the Square" art show/sale held this Sat., the 12th, in Oskaloosa, IA. Frame size: 26"x34" in natural pine and simple one color archival matting. I'm currently finishing up her companion "Earth" and will post it as soon as it's finished. "Water" is sketched out and "Fire" is waiting to be put on paper. I'll be creating works representing the seasons when this series is completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment