Thursday, October 1, 2015

"Wabbles at Play"

10"x 8" watercolor

I've been hanging on to pics I've taken of my cats playing and napping to use as study references.  It's about time I start creating something with them and here's a quick watercolor sketch of our oldest kitty Wabbles.

She was born with no sense of balance so she spreads her back legs out to catch herself.  She is so much fun to play with and sooooooooooo happy.  Our vet is amazed she's still going strong at 11 years old.  She's banged her head a few times where we thought of inventing a "nerf" helmet for her.  

Now she spends more time watching the 2 young boys, Obie & Zeus, chase each other around the house.

I did this sketch on matboard covered with Clear AS Colourfix Mult-media Primer.

3 comments:

  1. I'm liking the blue and yellow calico! Interesting primer...its absorbent? Or does the watercolor lift off like on gesso?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It absorbs into the surface. I slightly sand the primer with a very fine sandpaper (#220 or #320 grit) to knock off the extra texture needed for pastels. So far, I use 2 thin coats of primer and seems to work GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the dynamic composition. It does a great job of portraying energy.

    ReplyDelete