Monday, August 17, 2009

Looking over the Blandfield Marsh

9"x12" Soft Pastel on sanded paper
This is the first of three paintings I was able to complete during my stay at the Blandfield Plantation in Virginia. Scroll down to see the others.
I've just finished putting together the wedding album and getting ready to mail it off to the lucky couple that exchanged vows at the plantation. I was asked to be the official photographer, thus the reason for the trip there in the first place. Being able to do these paintings was a plus! I wish I could've stayed a little longer and had more paper with me to create a few more while on location. I took plenty of pictures and hopefully can convey the same peacefullness in them as if I was painting "plein air" like these three displayed here.

No comments:

Post a Comment