Saturday, October 18, 2008

Work in Progress #1(beginning)

Click on image to enlarge
Size: Each image 5"x7"
When working on small paintings, I sometimes put up to 3 on my easel at a time. I wanted to share with you the progress on this series of landscapes I'm considering entering in a Small Works Show I've been invited to participate in. Since I don't have a photographic memory, I use photos I've taken as reference material to create with if I'm not working on location.
As you can see, a favorite tool of mine is the small color wheel. I can become too excited sometimes when using my pastels and want to use so many different colors. Having the color wheel handy helps me stay focused on the inital color scheme I want to use in a work.
For information about the Small Works Show, go to http://www.artlifesociety.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment